Terms and Conditions
To participate in a balloon flight, you must:
- Be in good phyical and mental condition.
- Not be pregnant!
- Be 5 years or older.
- Read and sign a liability release waiver the day of your flight. (This can be sent to you to review prior to scheduling a reservation.)
- Prior to your flight, you will be required to read and sign a statement that you acknowledge that all photographs or videos taken during your tour are for non-commercial use, or, you must provide us with a copy (for our records) of your permit from the Navajo Nation Office of Broadcast Services (tel. 928-871-6655).
The following oulines our policy on deposits and flight payments:
- A deposit of $75.00 per person will be charged to your credit card upon making your reservation.
- Passengers may cancel their reservation and receive a full refund of their deposit by fully complying with our Cancellation Policy, which is listed below.
- The balance-due, will be collected at the conclusion of your flight. Please remember to bring your method of payment with you to the flight, as we will need to make an imprint of your credit card, and have you sign your credit card slip.
- Please review the Cancellation Policy below.
You may cancel your reservation or reduce the number of passengers in your party no less than 14 days prior to your scheduled pickup date and time.
Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company will have the sole authority in determining if weather conditions indicate safe flight operations are possible.
If Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company must cancel on the day of your flight, a backcountry tour of historic and spiritual Monument Valley will be performed at the charge of $75 USD per person. You will return approximately one hour sooner.
All cancellations by Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company are based upon safety issues such as winds & weather conditions, and not upon cloudy or hazy sky conditions.
- To cancel your reservation or reduce the number of passengers in your party, you must contact Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company at 602-482-6030 or 800-843-5987.
- Cancellations initiated by passengers 14 or more days prior to their scheduled flight will receive a 100% refund of their deposit.
- Reduction in the number of passengers in your party 14 or more days prior to their scheduled flight will receive a 100% credit against the balance-due at the conclusion of their tour.
- Cancellations initiated by passengers less than 14 days prior to their scheduled flight, will result in forfeiture of their deposit and the balance-due consolidated as a sale on the credit card on file.
- Cancellations less than 14 days prior to the scheduled flight are solely limited to Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company.
- If Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company cancels your flight reservation less than 14 days prior to your scheduled reservation, for any reason:
- 100% refund if your reservation DID NOT include lodging
- 100% refund minus $150.00 per room if your reservation DID include lodging
- 100% refund if you agree to authorize Monument Valley Hot Air Balloon Company to substitute YOUR credit card number for any lodging reservations that we have made for you
- 100% refund if you agree to cancellation of your lodging reservation that we have made for you. (Only an option if cancellation occurs 72 hours (3 days) or more in advance of your LODGING reservation.)